Currency conversion

BrunoLuciano
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I would like to know in what the exchange rate is based on?

Exchange rate: 1 ARS = 0,0261859 USD           This is the same tha 1 USD = ARS 38,18849

But the day before the purchase the official exchange rate informed by the National bank was 1 USD = ARS 36,90. I know tha PayPals payment inlcudes the Paypals fee, but i dont know the percentage in this excahnge rate and if they take the official exchange rate. 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrunoLuciano wrote:

Hi. I would like to know in what the exchange rate is based on?

Exchange rate: 1 ARS = 0,0261859 USD           This is the same tha 1 USD = ARS 38,18849

But the day before the purchase the official exchange rate informed by the National bank was 1 USD = ARS 36,90. I know tha PayPals payment inlcudes the Paypals fee, but i dont know the percentage in this excahnge rate and if they take the official exchange rate. 

Thanks. 

Here's how to view our current exchange rate:

1. Click the menu to the right of your PayPal balance.
  2. Click Manage currencies.
  3. Enter the required information under Currency Exchange and click Calculate.
  4. The exchange rate is displayed, and you can review it before you complete your payment.

Here’s how we set our exchange rate:

• We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add a percentage to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion.
  • Our currency exchange rates are competitive with conversion rates used by banks and by currency exchanges.
  • When you withdraw money from your PayPal account to your local bank account, we automatically convert the money into the local currency at the time of the withdrawal request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BrunoLuciano
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately Argentinian currency doesn´t appear. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.