Credit card

Michael370
Contributor
Contributor
I sent money however I sent it to the wrong email address. I canceled the transaction and resent it to the correct email. My credit card was supposed to get refunded and it never. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael370 

Gosh you were lucky, if that mis-spelled email address was valid to another person you 'may' have lost your money !!

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michael370
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I appreciate your reply. The email address I sent was the money to was the same organization but I sent it to their other email address. They did not accept it. I canceled it and it says the funds were refunded to my credit card. However it does not show up on my credit card yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.