Credit Card Misused

jproos
New Community Member

Hey,

I have a paypal account with my business Debit Card linked to purchases made for our company. Everything works fine.

I have in the past given the details of my debit card to new employees to use while they were awaiting their own cards.

I recently got an expense from my accountant charged to Paypal. I did not make it. So I think my debit card is linked to another Paypal account. It wasn't a big charge, but I'd like to remove my debit Card from all other Paypal accounts except my own. And also find out who made the charge just to pick it up with them.

How can I do this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call the number on back of card to get issued a new card as the info is compromised. And to my knowledge, generally a card cannot be entered twice through a PayPal account. PayPal tracks this. It could be added to a online account with a merchant site that is not PayPal related, ie added to Amazon account as a payment method or even eBay account that is not linked to a PayPal account as a payment method. The charge could have been put through by merchant credit card processor or through PayPal when it is used solely as a credit card processor.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.