Corona Virus Affecting Me

bnruhl
Contributor
Contributor

Is paypal allowing us to post pone payments due to COVID19? Would be appreciated if we can get stable then continue payments on credit.

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

hguruw1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I, like many of you have been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and has caused me to stop my working from my part-time job indefinitely, additionally, I am a student and its becoming even more stressful. 

I do not think I will be getting any payments from the government anytime soon and I have a credit bill from PayPal due in the next week and I am worried that I will be continued to be charged daily for not being able to pay on time. It may take an extra 4 weeks till I get some money but in the meantime I don't know whether PayPal will take into account the current situation and eliminate the late payment charge for the next few weeks.

Anyone managed to get in contact with PayPal as their lines are super busy?

Kind regards,

Harmeet

Login to Me Too

qazlp0
New Community Member

does anybody know if paypal gonna help us during these awful times. like a skip a payment. much needed.

Login to Me Too

kalas22
Contributor
Contributor

Page not available for me..

Login to Me Too

jessmoney78
Contributor
Contributor
Sitting in tears as missed a payment last week for my PayPal account and explained that I have been off work for a month due to mental health issues that have arrisen from the coronavirus and which have put me in a very bad place . I called them last week and said that I would be making payment next week and they said that this was fine , however a lady called me today and asked why I had not paid explained the above and her reply was well we’re all in the same boat and I have managed to go out and get to work tried to explain to her that I have extreame ocd and can’t leave the house now but she just laughed she made me feel like my mental health is an excuse. She said that I basically need to pull myself together as she’s managing to go to work . The worst part is as that she never even read the notes on account to see that this had already been sorted out I can’t believe anyone can be that cruel . I’m absolutely disgusted by PayPal that they allow staff like this to represent them . I work in customer service and would never ever speak to the way that she spoke to me . I’m in absolute bits I feel like I’m such a failure as I’m not able to go out to work and support my family
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jessmoney78 

Fortunate that you're in the UK as they're one of the countries that have this procedure to make a formal complaint:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-make-a-formal-complaint-to-paypal-faq2016

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LLR
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so sorry that happened to you. And hope things are better for you now. 🤗

Login to Me Too

pink_ing_0f_y0u
Contributor
Contributor

hello My account <removed> Due to coronavirus (COVID-19). I can not go working right now, and I don’t have money to payment. Do you have any plans for this ? please let me know thank you thanh luong

Login to Me Too

lucjan33
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to suspend my paypal credit for some time because I don't work because of covid-19
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.