Corona Virus Affecting Me

bnruhl
Contributor
Contributor

Is paypal allowing us to post pone payments due to COVID19? Would be appreciated if we can get stable then continue payments on credit.

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

alboy12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to take a 3 month payment holiday as im off work due to the virus situation, how would I apply an dowel there be a mark on my credit file?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

blooster
New Community Member

hi how do i go about applying for this?

Login to Me Too

Minimaria
New Community Member
Hi How do I apply for payment holiday during the Coronavirus for 3 months Thanks
Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Minimaria 

Welcome to PayPal Community. Hope you are doing fine. About your question, please check this page How do I apply for a PayPal Credit payment holiday?  for the instructions as well as other important information about PayPal Credit payment holiday. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

unrealcity
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I tried clicking on the payment holiday application link that the employee dparinas posted, but I'm it says "Page not found." I've also been unable to reach anyone by Facebook chat, and when I attempted to use the Message Center, it said I could not send an email for the topic.

I'm just trying to reach someone because I keep getting robocalls and automated messages and emails. I need to apply for the holiday program and stop the robocalls until I can get caught up on my payment. On top of all the disruptions from the pandemic, I've had to deal with deaths in the family and lots of extra medical bills. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@unrealcity 

Link does work but if you can't access it i have copied / pasted the info from the link for you............

How do I apply for a PayPal Credit payment holiday?

If you’re worried about financial difficulties as a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be entitled to a 3-month payment holiday for your PayPal Credit account. This means you won’t need to make any payments to your account during this period. The payment holiday is free to apply for and it won’t negatively affect your credit rating either. We hope this provides you with some peace of mind during these difficult times. To request a payment holiday, please click here. There is no need to call us.

We will use this page to keep you informed of everything you need to know about how to request a payment holiday and any other related information, so there’s no need to call us. Please keep checking back for all the latest updates.

Can I make a request for a payment holiday?

You can request a payment holiday if you meet all the following criteria:

• Your finances have been (or may in the future) be affected by Coronavirus. Examples include a temporary loss of income because you are having to self-isolate or because your job has been furloughed.
  • You are up to date with your existing payments, and
  • You are the PayPal account holder.

If you’re already behind on your repayments, contact our Customer Service team on www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us to discuss other options which may be more suitable for your needs at this time.

What else do I need to know before I request a payment holiday?

If you are eligible for a payment holiday, please note the information below to make sure a payment holiday is right for you:

• You will not have to pay anything for up to 3 months during the payment holiday period.
  • You will not be charged any fee for taking a payment holiday.
  • You can continue to use your PayPal Credit account as normal, up to your credit limit.
  • Taking a payment holiday will mean it will take you longer to repay your balance. However, note that PayPal is not charging interest during the payment holiday.
  • Once the payment holiday ends, your account will resume to function as usual, in line with your PayPal Credit agreement. Your minimum payment will become due and payable on the date displayed on your statement.
  • Any 0% for 4 months offer that may currently apply will continue during the payment holiday. If any expire during this period, the offer will end and the balance will move to the standard variable rate. No interest will accrue until the payment holiday comes to an end.
  • Any instalment offers will be extended during the payment holiday period and will resume as normal once the payment holiday ends.

What happens after I make a request for a payment holiday?

• Once you have submitted your request, PayPal will send you a confirmation email within 10 working days to let you know if you have been granted a payment holiday, when this will start and other key information. Our employees are working as fast as possible to process all applications, but due to the current challenging circumstances please be patient if it takes us a little longer to respond.
  • PayPal will start your payment holiday from the date your next payment is due, unless your payment is due within three working days, in which case the payment holiday will start the following month.
  • PayPal will endeavour to stop any Direct Debits being taken from your bank account once the payment holiday has been confirmed. If a payment is accidentally taken, then PayPal will refund your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

unrealcity
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe they didn't make it available to U.S. customers then. I still get the "page not found." When I go to the general "response to COVID-19" situation for the US version of the Paypal site, it just has general info and nowhere to apply for the payment holiday.

Suspect this is probably because the US government isn't enforcing companies offering relief the same way Europe & England are. 😞Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 12.07.48 PM.png

Login to Me Too

unrealcity
Contributor
Contributor

Yeh, your link is for the UK paypal site. It's not there for the US customers. 😞 We just get routed to "page not found" and the general help stuff. 

Login to Me Too

andy3231
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a college student and depend on a source for a pretty low income, it was originally going fine and I could always pay my minimum and sometimes a little more. But because of COVID-19, I haven't received my payments because the source is struggling financially so now its effecting me too and I'm panicking. This was very unexpected. I even have to worry about how I'm going to buy food.

I also have a credit card with capital one which I won't be able to pay. Both capital one and paypal require me to phone call them if I want to ask for help about not being able to pay my credit because of struggle caused by the COVID-19, but I have a problem with stuttering and social anxiety so I cannot make phone calls. There is no option to send an email related to credit cards, and their online chat isn't working due to low staff.

I'm really scared on what to do. My college will send me a room and board refund for the affected weeks by the end of this month (unknown when) which is most likely to be a check which will take a while to be cashed to my bank. But also both my credit payments are due at the end of this week, my paypal credit is actually due in a week. So I won't be able to get the refund from my college in time enough to pay off some of my balances.

does someone know how to help? Is there a way I can let paypal and capital one know of my struggle without having to call?

Login to Me Too

Christinawillia
New Community Member
Hi all I've been trying to request a payment holiday with no luck- anyone had this approved? Thank you Christina
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.