Corona Virus Affecting Me

bnruhl
Contributor
Contributor

Is paypal allowing us to post pone payments due to COVID19? Would be appreciated if we can get stable then continue payments on credit.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bnruhl 

If you need assistance with your situation, please contact customer service:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

Commun1ty
Contributor
Contributor

Does PayPal offer a deferred payment for the months we are affected by corona virus? I am a bartender and both jobs have been temporarily closed, but in the meantime I am not working. Will PayPal understand that under this hardship, we need about 2 months until restaurants and bars open their doors again. This is a national emergency.

Login to Me Too

HLVN
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently in the same exact boat. Have you tried contacting PayPal yet? I'm currently trying to contact all of my banks and lenders. If I can get any information from PayPal then I'll let you know!

Login to Me Too

onsitegirl
Contributor
Contributor

@HLVNhave you heard anything yet?  I am trying to see if I can make the minimum payment without having to pay the interest till I get back to my job.

Login to Me Too

HLVN
Contributor
Contributor
Hey!! For my PayPal Credit account, I was able to contact Synchrony Credit to defer my payment until next month. They're doing this as a monthly thing for now. The individual who helped me said that interest will still be charged, but the minimum payment is deferred. He also mentioned that the interest MIGHT be able to be waived, so I will call back after my payment date. Looks like I can't post phone numbers, so you'll have to search for their number! It's easy to find. Just make sure it's the PayPal Synchrony number. Good luck and stay well!!
Login to Me Too

onsitegirl
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! i will call them, easy to find the number. i can make the minimum payments but it's the interest i want to waive
Login to Me Too

kbrown5674
Contributor
Contributor

Tried calling, no luck, was encouraged to go to the message (like texting) and had no response for nearly an hour. Went to my credit karma and was able to find this number. SYNCB/PP[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/span>

Login to Me Too

onsitegirl
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat.  message over 2-1/2 hours ago.  nothing.

Login to Me Too

Suzeorr0124
New Community Member

I used my paypal credit account to purchase 2 things I think may.be cancelled. Flights and a concert tickets. If they are refunded it's going to go back into my paypal credit account. The issue is that I bought a couple of other friends tickets and flights in bulk they transferred me the money I paid off my paypal credit. So if the money is refunded into my paypal credit account I cant refund this to myself.. any ideas on what would happen?? You think in these circumstances paypal would refund the amount to be directly? Or transfer it out? Thanks

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suzeorr0124 

If you do not use up the credit/refund on other purchases, then after a couple billing cycles, PayPal Credit will issue a refund and mail you a check or send it to your PayPal balance, whatever their policy is. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.