Contacting a human who understands what you want to ask.

madmiff
Contributor
Contributor

I am VERY disapointed with how difficult it is to get in touch with a human who not only understands and speaks ENGLISH but who does so without an accent.  I am also VERY disappointed that a refund from a seller has taken so long to process, Paypal has said it is pending but when I try to raise an issue it says I can't because I have already had the money.

WRONG!  I HAVE NOT HAD THE MONEY WHICH IS WHY I NEED TO TALK ABOUT WHERE IT IS!  THE MONEY HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE SELLERS ACCOUNT BUT HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED BACK TO ME.

THIS LOOKS VERY VERY MUCH LIKE FRAUD BY PAYPAL.  YOU CAN NOT TAKE THE MONEY AND PRETEND I HAVE HAD IT IN ORDER TO BLOCK ME FROM ASKING WHERE IT IS.  I HAVE BEEN WAITING TEN DAYS NOW FOR IT TO BE RETURNED TO ME, DO NOT TELL ME TO CONTACT THE SELLER BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE AND THEY HAVE SHOWN ME THEIR BANK STATEMENT SHOWING YOU TOOK THE MONEY FROM THEM.  I WANT THAT REFUND BACK ON MY ACCOUNT TODAY, PERIOD.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madmiff 

Sadly paypal can't credit it until they have received the funds from the sellers bank account OR the original payment from your funding source before they can give it to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madmiff 

Please don't yell at us in capital letters, its hard to read and considered rude.

Happy to help and don't need that.

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

madmiff
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the tip, sorry for the capitals, however having spent manys hours either trying to get through to someone or trying to explain to someone based in another country and only getting contradictory answers, I hope you can imagine how frustrated I have become.

I really hope the refund is processed within the next few days as the length of time it is taking is going well beyond the suggested time scale and in the mean time neither the seller or I have the money.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madmiff 

Sadly paypal can't credit it until they have received the funds from the sellers bank account OR the original payment from your funding source before they can give it to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

madmiff
Contributor
Contributor

I have not accepted this as a solution and yet it has automatically been marked as accepted, is this further evidence of pay pal fraud?

I paid for the item using pay pal credit, it was instant, the seller got the payment instantly into their paypal balance and was able to transfer to their bank account, instantly.

When the seller issued the refund, paypal said it was issued as an echeque which should take 2 days to clear.  However no instructions were sent to the sellers back for over a week.  So after many phone calls by the seller to both paypal and their bank, the money was finnally taken from the sellers account but still has not been returned to my paypal credit, so where is it.

When I bought a subscription from Microsoft using paypal credit, it came off and showed instantly, the next day I cancelled it and got a full refund, instantly, that is why we have electronic banking and payments, because it can be done instantly, 24/7.

So this has not been resolved by any means because the seller does not have the money and I do not have the money returned to my pay pal credit, so where is the money?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madmiff 

Solution is only a guidance for anyone wanting a short cut to a possible solution to a question.

It is otherwise meaningless.

At no point in all this thread have you said you paid using ''Paypal credit'', if you want correct advice then be polite and be accurate.

If i had known it was a paypal credit payment i would have given you a different answer.

Stop demanding answers, we are VOLUNTEERS on here that give up our time to help you.

If you want to demand an answer then go and ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Acarnoult
New Community Member
I ordered a gift on eBay a couple years back for Christmas from a fraudulent seller and started contacting EBay and PayPal to get a refund. It was late April before I got my money back! I had the same issue I could never get a person on the phone and I had to jump through hoops to get that money which is disgusting cause supposedly PayPal is protected snd EBay has buyers protection but neither did a damn thing to hep me so of course I have never ordered from EBay again and am still disgusted how long it took. Thank God it was not a lot of money!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.