Constantly asking to add a payment method

o00
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! I have registered a paypal account recently. I have added and verified my cards and bank account. For some reason it asks to add a payment method every time I am trying to pay. I tried to email paypal, I tried to call them..the same issue.. Does anyone know what it could be?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@o00 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

o00
Contributor
Contributor
The Facebook guy could not help.... Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to PayPal. I 'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your account. Please be informed that there could be several different reasons you're seeing a decline error message or your payment won't go through. I will not be able to look into the exact issue that is causing this decline as it is automatically done by the Internal Security System. This decline is not a reflection of your activities it is a general precaution taken by us to prevent any unauthorized access. To protect your account, we use a complex screening process and review every payment before it's approved. This is similar to the way most banks and credit card companies work. Please try at a later time. Your understanding and patience is highly appreciated in this regard. Thanks. Very annoying...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.