Confused

JewelJul
New Community Member

It keeps saying my payment went through but when I go to my account it doesn't show that money was taken out in the recent transactions

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JewelJul 

Transfers from funding sources ie bank account or cards are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later. With cards its normally within 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Not_so_happy101
New Community Member
Do you know if they have policies on maximum time that can pass before a payment is then not valid. I have experienced an extremely long wait before the payment was finally taken. It did appear on my bank statement for first couple of days after completing original transaction, but then got lost from sight in liat of transactions.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Not_so_happy101 

Not sure what you are talking about?

Payment time transfering from bank account to paypal account?

Payment time transfering from paypal account to bank account?

Payment time to a seller via echeque?

Payment time to a seller via instant transfer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.