Confused! Why wasn't I required to sign in to pay for an order?? Security issue?

bebu2
New Community Member

I was at Home Depot, and noticed that they did not have the product in the store. On my cell phone, I wanted to order the product to be shipped to the store. I ordered it, and chose to pay via Paypal.

I was very, very surprised that the order was completed immediately through Paypal, without requiring me to sign in as I expected. I have never saved Paypal's password to Home Depot. At home now, I have checked with the Home Depot website and they do not have any credit card or Paypal account connected to my Home Depot account.  On this Paypal site, I see no way that I have connected to Home Depot, either, but the charge is pending.

****I did NOT need to sign into Paypal, there was no bio/fingerprint required either... *** How did this transaction even happen?

This is very disconcerting to me. I am very uneasy, and am reconsidering the security of Paypal, unless someone can help me understand if there is some setting to change which I somehow created without knowing...

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

benfielding214
Contributor
Contributor

This may be because you have logged into the app within the past 10 mins (with login details or thumb id) or Paypal knows you logged into your phone so judging off that it knew you were the owner of the account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.