Confirmation

Black_Dove
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently selling some items over ebay for the first time. I have received emails telling me that the payment has been sent, complete with Transaction ID, and the ebay listings tell me the approximate time the funds will be available. However I then receive messages telling me I still need to claim the money (also, a buyer has recently told me they've been having trouble getting my payment through) and I can't find the transactions anywhere my Paypal summary. What step have I missed out here? The emails from Paypal suggested I might have an unconfirmed email address but they both are, and the link provided just takes me to my summary page. What step have I missed out here? What do I need to do to claim my money?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Black_Dove

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Black_Dove
Contributor
Contributor

The email is correct, and is the one I've been using for a while on ebay to buy things. So it has no problem in taking my money it just seems to need some extra confirmation to give me money. And I don't know what that confirmation is

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Black_Dove

So you didn't bother to do what i asked you.

Buying would not be affected, the email address you have on Ebay would not be affected.

If its stating unclaimed then its the email address YOU PUT ON YOUR AUCTION that would be affected.

So you need to check or just leave it and not get your money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Black_Dove
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

No, I did exactly what you said and checked the email address as stated where you said it would be. The email is correct. That is literally the first thing I said in my reply. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.