Complaint

Unhappy_Butterf
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've recently had to call PayPal Customer Service in regards to a pending transaction of $80 that was only supposed to be on hold for 2 nights at a hotel on 03/10/19 that I was supposed to have refunded within 24 to 48 hours of checking in. After not receiving this refund within said period, I tried calling Customer Service to see what the problem was. The first call I made, the Representative was extremely rude and hung up on me without helping me whatsoever. I called back and was introduced to another representative named Mark. He told me that for some reason my PayPal account was red-flagged and they couldn't issue the refund through it, even though I had no previous issues with my account before this. He then told me to go to a Duane Reade and purchase a $50 Google Play Card to get the refund, which I did, only for him to tell me that because I was one character off when I was giving him the authorization code on the card, it was locked and couldn't be used. He then told me I had to buy a $100 Google Play Card, which was impossible since I lost all my money at that point. That's $130 I've lost throughout this entire ordeal. I feel as if I was scammed and I'm requesting to get my $130 back.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unhappy_Butterf 

You have been scammed.

That was not paypal that you called it was a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.

I guess you got that number either via google OR a scammer posting a thread in this forum.

Most times the threads get reported and removed but some slip through.

You can tell them because they post genuine advice but the phone number in a strange format to get around paypals security.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to hit the 'call us' option to phone them by logging in and getting a code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unhappy_Butterf 

You have been scammed.

That was not paypal that you called it was a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.

I guess you got that number either via google OR a scammer posting a thread in this forum.

Most times the threads get reported and removed but some slip through.

You can tell them because they post genuine advice but the phone number in a strange format to get around paypals security.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to hit the 'call us' option to phone them by logging in and getting a code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Unhappy_Butterf
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for this info! I reported the fake number and will be contacting the REAL PayPal Customers Service Number. You've been a big help in all this mess.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.