Clients unable to pay by credit card

Kezzittle
Contributor
Contributor

My client does not have a paypal account. When they enter their credit card details they receive an error “sorry something has gone wrong”

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

mikekelly1718
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, I'm pretty sure it means PayPal cannot accept this card. Tell your client to call PayPal, they might be able to sort this out for them.

Login to Me Too

Kezzittle
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks the actual error is ‘we’re sorry things don’t seem to be working at the moment’ I sent an invoice to me and it came up with the same response so it’s not unique to my client it is about my paypal account.
Login to Me Too

MicheleC71
New Community Member

I have also had this problem today with 2 clients unable to pay with credit card.  

Login to Me Too

Kezzittle
Contributor
Contributor
Oh really? I have created a bunch of invoices and sent to family and everyone receiving the same message. I create my invoices using Xero. I just created a PayPal invoice for $1 and it accepted payment via credit card no account?? What’s that about? It also took 48c fee?
Login to Me Too

Kezzittle
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get around this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kezzittle, @mikekelly1718, and @MicheleC71,

I'm sorry to hear that you all encountered issues with the Guest Checkout on Friday. There was an issue that was fixed fairly quickly after it was discovered. I hope everything's working as normal now.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

xerouser

Hi,

I have had a similar issue where I have connected Paypal as a payment service in Xero. My client in the US has been trying to pay me (I'm based in Indonesia) by credit card but it keeps failing. It said: "We're sorry, but we weren't able to add this card. Please try a different card." And then it said "Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Then my client tried paying me directly via my paypal email and they got this message: "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later."

What is going on?? Please @PayPal_Olivia help me.

Login to Me Too

ahsen2020
New Community Member

did anyone got the solution to this problem.... 

my client is complaining about the same problem. 

he cannot do the transaction ..... 

when i try to use my card, it goes through and i have paid 36 cents paypal 5 times as of now. 

please assssisst @paypal

Login to Me Too

acscomputers
Contributor
Contributor

october 2020 i am also now having this issue, when will this be resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.