Clearance Fee

leonasom
New Community Member

I have been trying to receive money from people and they haven't been able to send it. At first I thought that it was a scam, but then a second person said the same thing. I am in Canada and they are sending it from the USA. I was just wondering where I was able to pay the clearance fee so that I can start receiving my money. I have been trying to contact the help centre and they haven't been able to help me. I just wanna know where to go in the app online or on my safari to pay that so that I can finally start receiving my money. Can someone please help me!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leonasom 

Clearance fee? Never heard of that one and is highly suspicious. Are these senders telling you to pay a third party in order to receive money? Then that could be a scam. PayPal deducts their fee automatically before depositing the sent funds to your account so there’s no needing to pay a “clearance fee”.

Check the sender email address of any supposed payment confirmation for any gibberish/odd email address.

If there is a problem sending money to you, the sender would see an error message of some kind, it doesn’t asking for a “clearance fee” If someone really paid, there should be a record of payment fairly instantly with any applicable fees already deducted. Even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold, you should see a record of payment.

Here is a chart of fees that PayPal charges:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.