Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

elizabethporter
Contributor
Contributor
Please tell me how to join please tell me how to join in your lawsuit they have done it to me
Login to Me Too

elizabethporter
Contributor
Contributor
Please tell me how to join in your lawsuit
Login to Me Too

elizabethporter
Contributor
Contributor
How do I join this lawsuit
Login to Me Too

Metoo34
New Community Member
I believe something should be done about this honestly they left me out of pocket and i incured a lot if charges because if the money that they held on to..i think we might have to contact a lawyer firstly and have a look at our rights and where we stand.
Login to Me Too

New Community Member

Paypal put a hold on our account for 180 days.

Then when we tried to issue refunds out of our account they withdrew additional funds from our bank account rather than using the funds in our Paypal balance.

I'm looking to join any possible class action lawsuits against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

temp20190328f

I've been using PPal for over 7 years, suddenly they put 180 days hold on my funds with NO REASON, I'm tired of asking resolution center reps to give a clear idea of what was wrong. No issues with ebay customers for over 10 years, so whays going on with this guys? Are they funding their financial operations with us?

definitely join any legal action against this massive abuse, put me in please

G.

Login to Me Too

Im-Frustrated-2
Contributor
Contributor
Im just as frustrated as you are. PayPal recently placed a hold on my money, despite the fact that I had been receiving money from the same customer without any issues. I have never had any issues with my other payments either. They decided to do so without any reason whatsoever. After the client marked the item as shipped in order to reduce the 'hold period,' they came back and limited my account such that I can't use it at the moment. I have since complied with their requirements, but they are yet to lift the limitation placed on my account--over 72 hours later!!!!! Bring that class action, and PLEASE, put my name on it. I'm fed up! This is either racism or some other sort of unfair business practices. I need my money as soon as I render my services. Paypal has no right to hold my money, especially when the customer has already indicated in a clear and transparent manner that they are satisfied!!! Paypal is giving me hypertension for no good reason at all!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Plr6277

<removed>If you email me about the lawsuit, assuming this gets past their filter and it is posted here, I would gladly join. I have been waiting for 20 days now to access my money and I currently am at hour 29 of my 72 hour security review hold.

Login to Me Too

Arheault
Contributor
Contributor
I see pay pal moderators conveniently removed my comment before it could even post!!! I'm sure it's because they don't want it getting out that they have a hold on my money that has now over drafted my checking account. The money they are wrongfully withholding is specifically for my infant son's SEIZURE MEDICATIONS!!!! So now, I am left with no access to MY MONEY, and after escalating this situation to management and being told they have the ability to override the holds but WILL NOT override because my situation isn't emergent enough...putting my 19 month old in danger and knowingly withholding funds that are vital to his well being isn't emergent is negligence. I will not be silenced and will be sure that PayPal knows they won't be getting away with this.
Login to Me Too

dianed440
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone needs to report their issue/complaint to your state's Attorney General. If there are enough similar complaints, they will determine whether a class action lawsuit is an appropriate next step. This is important, as it's really the only legal recourse we have against this criminal company, so don't just complain here, CALL YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.