Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Kim44
Contributor
Contributor
I would surely join in with this class action law suite. I am so tired of them holding up the funds. It seems like they are finding ways to hold up money and no one has the authority to do nothing. I am so livid with them and their **bleep**. We need an attorney to handle this and set them straight or shut them down permanently.
Login to Me Too

Kaylan97
New Community Member
They recently closed my account for absolutely no reason and are now holding over 800$ of mine for 6 months. my mom had the same thing happen to her a few a weeks ago and are holding over 4000$ of her money for 6 months. How is this legal?????
Login to Me Too

bridgitpierce
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact problem I have having, and the 2k in my account is for rent and I have called them everyday for 2 weeks emailed them over 15 times about how I can get my money back for rent & if not then I just want to know WHY my account was closed and they refuse to give me an answer and the supervisors keep hanging up on me. now I am going to be homeless next week and they are still refusing to release my money.
Login to Me Too

Jeanie61
Contributor
Contributor
I’m really scared I cancelled a transaction for $507 back in September and they charge me for it every month. Soon I will not be able to pay my mortgage because it’s a big chunk of change. I can’t afford a lawyer to fix it and they don’t know how. They should not be handling bank accounts .
Login to Me Too

BonnMac
Contributor
Contributor
HI, I'm not sure how the hell they can do that ! Close your account, whatever but to keep your funds? Total BS! I'M NOT GETTING HOW IT TAKES DAYS TO GET MY FUNDS IN MY BANK ACCOUNT! I pay things and it doesn't take days to take the cash out, so why take so long. Also there is no .25 cent option for fast transfer however, my transfer was in there within a half hr! That was nice. We Will see if there is a delay this time. Was your bank account verified? Cause they did say u get faster transfer if it's verified. Mine is so maybe that's why I got it Same day I will let u know how long todays transfer takes .
Login to Me Too

protim69
Contributor
Contributor

Some one Said,Close your PayPal Account, I have been trying for over 4 years to Close my Account,PayPal just Laughs at my request. William. UK 

Login to Me Too

tinksotinkish
The company is ripping people off, performing unauthorized transactions and taking people money. Same thing has been happening to me since 01/18/2020.
Login to Me Too

Danyelleb
Contributor
Contributor
They just did this to me and are now holding $300 of my money. They said it will be held for 180 days. When i call they say there is nothing they can do. They have to hold it in case of chargebacks. This is bs.
Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

if your in united states call my wife she's a lawyer and wants to gather people for class action <removed> 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.