Claims

Lourama
New Community Member
Someone who owes me money, had someone that purchased a “snow plow pump” from them money, to go towards what they owe. A few months later, I received a message from PayPal saying a claim was opened against me, because the buyer didn’t receive their item. I immediately contacted this “buyer”. After speaking with them, I was told that they had purchased a part from the person who owes me money, but hadn’t received it. I stayed in contact with them, gave them his address, new number and even a picture of his house! They never did contacted him and they never went to his home. The person who owes me money, said that he sent the part and had a receipt. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. Maybe the people did get their part, maybe they didn’t. But my account is now negative. I responded to PayPal’s emails and due to this virus, nobody is there to deal with these situations and PayPal debited my account to send these people “their money back” and I’m negative $300! Any advice?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Lourama

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

When a customer files a chargeback with their credit card issuer, it means that they’re disputing a charge and asking the card issuer for a refund.

If you receive a chargeback, we’ll let you know. If you don’t agree that the chargeback is valid, you can help us dispute it by providing information about the transaction in the Resolution Center. It typically takes 30 days for us to dispute the chargeback, and it may take your buyer's card company up to 75 days to resolve a chargeback and come to a final decision.

To resolve a chargeback complaint, please follow the instructions listed below:
1. Go to the Resolution Center.
2. Click Respond under “Action” next to your case.
3. Read the status details of the complaint and click Resolve Chargeback Now.
4. Choose one of the below options listed to resolve the chargeback:
4.1. Provide valid tracking information in order to dispute the chargeback received.
4.2. Provide valid proof of a refund (either within or outside of PayPal) in order to dispute the chargeback.
4.3. Accept liability for the chargeback.
5. Provide evidence for dispute (other than tracking information).
6. Click Continue and follow the instructions provided.

A chargeback isn’t the same as a PayPal claim. The chargeback process is initiated outside of PayPal, between the card issuer and their cardholder. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the card issuer and we don't decide the outcome.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.