Claimed money via text but did not get it yet

toothpick21
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Two days ago I got sent money. I received a text from paypal that said I got sent money and to click the link to claim it. I clicked the link, logged in and claimed the money. It is not in my paypal account yet. What did I do wrong? The guy (my brother) says it was taken out of his account already. yet it's not in mine.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toothpick21 

What currency was sent, was it your own currency and what country are you in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toothpick21
Contributor
Contributor

It was USD. When I clicked the link and signed in it said “$30 is yours!” Or something like that. I’ve claimed it 3x now and nothing. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toothpick21 

Could be down to this new policy?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toothpick21
Contributor
Contributor

No I don’t think so. I’ve got a cash plus account it says. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @toothpick21,

It sounds like your brother may have sent the payment by using your phone number instead of your email. You'll want to make sure your phone number is confirmed for mobile payments in order to claim the funds. If needed, you can view how to set up your phone number for mobile payments here.

Hopefully this information helps.

Derrick

Login to Me Too

toothpick21
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the issue! I just updated my phone number and the money appeared shortly after. Thank you so much!! 

-Jason

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @toothpick21

We're happy to hear this has been resolved. Thanks for the update! 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.