Child makes Purchases Google declines refunds

UGBrandon
Contributor
Contributor

Hey so I do not know if anyone through paypal can help me but my child has used my paypal account for inapp purchases and I tried to get them refunded around 2 hours after they made the payments since I only just got home and received the notifications. so the game was called "Lord Mobile" and I contacted their customer support and Under their TOS apparently they do not and will not give refunds in any aspect however they will terminate the account? I requested refunds by calling google play they have refunded about £25 of the £120 that was spent is there a way through paypal I can get refunds as google says to go to IGG games and they just decline everything. I hope this is enough information to get any result.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UGBrandon 

Let's look at policy:

12. Errors and Unauthorised Transactions

12.1 Identifying Errors and/or Unauthorised Transactions. You can inspect your transaction history at any time by logging in to your Account on the PayPal website and clicking the "History" tab. It is very important that you immediately notify PayPal if you have reason to believe any of the following activities have occurred: (i) there has been an unauthorised transaction sent from your Account; (ii) there has been unauthorised access to your Account; (iii) your password or PIN has been compromised; (iv) any device you have used to access the Services has been lost, stolen or deactivated, or (v) someone has transferred or may have transferred money from your Account without your permission (this includes where you link your Account with a third party platform (including a site or app) to initiate payments via that platform, but a payment was made from your Account for a transaction via that platform that you did not make) (collectively called “Improper Account Access”). You must also immediately notify us if you have reason to believe that any other error has occurred on your Account. In order for you to notify PayPal immediately of any of the above events, we strongly recommend that you monitor your Account closely on a regular basis. We will not seek to hold you liable for any unauthorised use of your Account by any person provided that we are satisfied that you have not acted deliberately so as to enable any third person to gain access to your PayPal ID and/or password/PIN or to your device while you are logged into the Services. We will hold you liable for unauthorised use of your Account if we have evidence that suggests: you acted deliberately so as to enable any third person to gain access to your PayPal ID and/or password/PIN; you acted fraudulently; or you have with intent or gross negligence failed to comply with your obligations to use your Payment Instrument in the manner set out in this Agreement.

This is a grey area. Family theft. You may file a dispute (other than unauthorized payment) to try to resolve it with the seller (ie ask if there is a way to disable the features/games purchased from their end for a refund) but upon escalation to a claim, PayPal may not rule in your favor. The onus is on you to keep your account secure from the mischief of family. If you can't get a refund, then make your child work around the house for what they owe you or have them get a paper route and pay you back. Tell them "What do you think this is? A free for all?"

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.