Charged twice on separate bank accounts paying via PayPal.

adrianwojtas
New Community Member

Hi all,

Not sure where to turn on this one or whom to ask for the refund, so any advice is appreciated.

I have two bank accounts connected to my PayPal account. I've recently made a few purchases via web and paid through PayPal, problem is, I didn't have the funds in my balance so I had to pay via a connected bank. For some reason, I was charged twice - once on each bank account. The first bank account (let's call it A) charged me for all four transactions o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] and €9,99 on May 28th under a "Unpaid Item/s" description. The second bank account B (my main one with the required funds in it), charged me for three transactions €34,59, €0,60, and €2,39 on 31 May, and charged me the final sum €9,99 just now on 3rd June.

Thing is, bank B actually has these transactions listed properly with their references in different lines, whereas bank A just has them in one transaction reference which goes as "Unpaid Item/s". Clearly there is something wrong since the €9,99 transaction was apparently paid for on May 28th, yet I got charged for it by PayPal just now. So to me it seems as if bank A just took my money without actually paying PayPal.

How can I resolve this and who owes me the refund? Can PayPal sort this out?

Thanks for checking in.

-A

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mhsafin
New Community Member
How did you ressolve it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.