Charged twice by PayPal according to bank, but only one charge in PayPal summary

climbergal
New Community Member

Just placed a purchase using PayPal and checked my banking app to find that I had been charged twice by PayPal. Both charges show up on the app, but only one charge shows up in the activity section of PayPal so I can't dispute it.

I did a quick search and found that this is a common issue. What's weird in my case is that the first charge was for the correct amount (cost plus tax) and the second charge was for the cost not including tax.

Has anyone dealt with the same issue recently? Not sure what to do.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@climbergal 

Very odd. If the second transaction is the one that's not listed in PayPal, then report the error to your financial institution as it appears there and not in your PayPal activity. PayPal will be contacted by the bank in the course of their inquiry.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

climbergal
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker Thanks for the advice! Just called my bank and they were able to remove the duplicate charge.

Login to Me Too

Rosie12a
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. It shows in my bank but not in PayPal!! Not sure how to deal with it so have for tastes my bank. Never had this before. It’s really weird as the amounts are completely different.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.