Charged in non-preferred account

Tehren
New Community Member

I am being charged in an old preferred account, but I just verified I have a new preferred account that I would like to be charged. Do some services (like Google Play Store, ignore my paypal preferred account? When purchasing through Google Play, it doesn't show me what is being charged because it's all automatic. Others like Uber seem to do the same. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Check the email address that you have registered with the service that's charging you.  (Sounds like you have an old address still on file with the service.)

Login to Me Too

Temp20221223db
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem

It is nothing to do with email addresses.

It is because Google play store won't let you choose your funding source in Paypal when you makea payment. It just "remembers" the last funding source you used.

I added a new bank account to paypal and made it my preferred funding source, but Google play store ignored that and used my old bank account for the payment

Come on Paypal - you can't let Google Playstore do this - they have to allow you to choose your funding source

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tehren and @Temp20221223db,

Thank you for joining the community! I'm sorry that you're having difficulty changing the way that you pay for payments in a billing agreement.

Please take a look at this article for steps to adjust the funding method for a billing agreement.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20221223db
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia  Thank you so much for answersing this question
I had done a huge amount of searching to try and find the answer. I had no idea that payments to Google Play store got set up  as "pre-approved" "automatic" payments. As they were one-off payments in my case, there was no way I would have thought to look at 'pre-approved' payments.

I have checked there and removed a whole string of play-store pre-approved payments.

Not sure why Play Store does this but it seems a bit dodgy to me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.