Changing a payment method?

kn419
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Silly problem here. I made a payment for a purchase using a PayPal balance of about $250, and the remaining $1400 from my checking account. This being a weekend, the money's not been withdrawn from the checking account yet. Is there a way for me to change the entire $1650 payment to another credit card? Just wondering, this would make some things easier for me. Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kn419 

If the transaction is showing as completed then sadly not.

Even if its pending you would not be able to change a funding source as paypal credit the seller upfront and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer. If you cancelled the payment with your bank then paypal would keep trying your bank / put your paypal account into negative and then eventually try your back up funding source ie card. However they may then (as you have had a failed bank transfer) disallow the use of your bank account for future payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kn419
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your detailed reply! It seems like I can't change the payment method, which will be just fine with me. I was pretty much making a mountain out of a molehill. But thanks for your efforts to help! Much appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.