Change funding source for refunds?

WhatsThisNunca
Contributor
Contributor

I need to issue a refund but when I try, it says that if I don't have the funds in paypal it will pull from my "source of funds" which is shown as my bank account on file, even though I have a debit card on file which is chosen under "wallet" as my preferred payment method.

How do I change the "source of funds" for refunds?!?!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhatsThisNunca 

Hi,

Sorry, refunds come out of PayPal balance, awaiting funds or linked bank account.

If you have a balance with PayPal or you have money waiting that you haven’t accepted yet, the refund is paid from it. If you don’t have a balance or money waiting to be accepted, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account. Depending on your bank's processing time, it may take up to 5 business days to process your refund even if the refund status shows "Complete" in your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-full-or-partial-refund-faq780

Even in the case of disputes:

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.”

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-to-close-a-dispute-faq434

Have a trusted friend or family member send you money via friends and family to cover the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

woodsidebikes
New Community Member

Hi,

Having the same issue, although I have 2 bank accounts linked to paypal, 

The one I want to use to fund refunds is set as my prefferred account, and have disabled the other one as a funding source for payments, but it still wants to use this for refunds? Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.