cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change amount of recurring payment

New Community Member

Change amount of recurring payment

Hi - I simply want to change the monthly preapproved AMOUNT that I pay to a charity. Any help will be appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out!

Traci

3 REPLIES 3
New Community Member

Re: Change amount of recurring payment

1. @tracicrane wrote:

Hi - I simply want to change the monthly preapproved AMOUNT that I pay to a charity. Any help will be appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out!

Traci

When you send money for preapproved payments such as a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance.

Here’s how to change the way you pay for preapproved payments if you don’t want to use your PayPal balance:

1. Click Profile next to "Log out" and select Profile and settings.
    2. Click My money.
    3. Click Manage automatic payments in the Automatic payments section.
    4. Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
    5. Under "Payment method," click Change next to the funding source you're looking to change.
New Community Member

Seriously! It’s 2019 and I can’t simply go to "edit payment amount”  in recurring payments and change the amount I donate! I have delete and then sign up the same payment account and add the new pmt amount. I’m just going to arrange payments from my bank account. UFB 

New Community Member

So it looks like no one know s how to change the AMOUNT, not preferred method.

There are instructions on the help button but when I follow them there is no "change " button anywhere:(

I guess I will have to cancel and start over?  Maybe I will just cancel and not use PAYPAL , seems there should be something more simple.