Cashing a Check on Paypal Faulty System

Cmesias
New Community Member

Hello PayPal community, and PayPal , I would like to address an issue.

I was cashing a check from work (2 hour drive), and PayPal approved the transaction. I was like great, now I have money in my account. After this, they told me to write "VOID" on the check, because you know, it got approved right, and everything is all find and dandy? Well I write in big fat letters "VOID" write on the check because the PayPal mobile app tells me to and I snap a picture of it and wait for their response again. A response came back, and it said in big fat letters, "Denied". Welp isn't that nice? 

Why not tell your customers if their checks are really approved or not before you tell them to VOID their checks?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Cmesias

You should call the service that handles check cashing for PayPal. Usually the check would have to be approved before they would have you void it.

Here is a PayPal link with contact details. Select Terms and Conditions and you will see their contact number.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/who-provides-the-ingo-money-cash-a-check-service-in-the-p...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Cmesias

You should call the service that handles check cashing for PayPal. Usually the check would have to be approved before they would have you void it.

Here is a PayPal link with contact details. Select Terms and Conditions and you will see their contact number.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/who-provides-the-ingo-money-cash-a-check-service-in-the-p...

Login to Me Too

tatortot1
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to my sister, but after it told her it was approved and to void check it then gave her an error message that she needed to check with pay pal because the check cashing serv was not a feature she has. Called PayPal no help called ingo and was told it would be Available in 4-6 hours. Still not in her account. PayPal check cash service through ingo is not reliable and PayPal cannot help at all with any problems you might have
Login to Me Too

Espritandespoir
New Community Member
Did Ingo resolve the problem? Wondering because this just happened to me - say exact thing: check was “approved,” and I was promoted to void my check only an hour later to be notified the check was denied but that I can “cash it somewhere else.” (As if you can cash a voided check anywhere, ha) I’ve emailed them several times in the past 3 days since it happened and haven’t had any response at all!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.