Card not accepted?

willywiz
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to pay an invoice, and I keep getting this error for some reason:

"We're sorry, your MASTERCARD-XXXX, Commonwealth Bank-XXXX and MASTERCARD-XXXX are not accepted. Please link another card to complete your payment."

Like what on earth should I do? I linked a second card AND my bank account and they both get refused as well???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi willywiz,

It sounds like you may be being stopped by our internal security, which I understand can be frustrating. Based on what you've said, our system is recognizing risk with the transaction and is not allowing it to go through. This can be based on a variety of reasons, such as sending big amounts that are atypical for your account, trying to send a large payment after not using an account for an extended period of time, and others. The only option is to give the system time to reset for 24-48 hours without making any attempts and then to try again. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

willywiz
Contributor
Contributor

So you're telling me that I MAY NEVER GET THE CHANCE to complete said transaction???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.