Card keeps declining even though there is enough

jonah292
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty much, I have a visa gift card I want to use to send money to my friend, and I have waited more than 24 hours and the card keeps on declining, even though there is enough in the balance. I have had to verify my card about 5 times, which took almost 7 dollars off my card, and it still doesn't work. I don't think this is the card's fault, but maybe it is. Can somebody help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jonah292,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with your card. You mentioned that you tried to verify the card 7 times. Was the verification process completed, or just the first part where the charge was made? If the code was not entered and accepted in the PayPal confirmation process, that may be one reason.

If the card has been completely confirmed and the other charges do not return to you after 30 days, please reach out to Customer Service to advise that you have not received those confirmation charge refunds. A representative can help at that time. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options.

If the card is completely confirmed and is still being declined for the payment that you're trying to make, that would likely be the security system. I would recommend using a different payment method and trying that card on a different payment at a later time. Trying too much on the same payment can be another factor, and if you have done so, I would recommend not trying any further for that payment with that card.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.