Card is constantly being declined

cartload
New Community Member

I got a visa card today from a friend and I meant to use it the day of. When I first went to add the card it gave me the error: "Declined (Card declined by issuer - contact card issuer to determine reason.) This generally occurs for one of two reasons: The customer's credit card issuing bank did not approve the transaction. This could be for insufficient funds, frozen account status, invalid credit card number or expiration date, etc." So I tried putting the card on other accounts and from then on it never worked. Now I get the message the card is just declined and won't be accepted. I have gotten this error multiple times before and usually I just create a different account under another email and usually works but now this card won't work at all. It is a VanillaGift Visa gift card (prepaid) and it won't work even though the card is registered and has funds on it (50 untouched). Please help I am sick and tired of running into this message.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.