Card Bounced - Pending Transaction?

jopac29
Contributor
Contributor

A couple days ago, I attempted to make an online purchase using PayPal but the debit card I have linked to my account unfortunately bounced the transaction attempt due to suspected suspicious activity. Although I went in and approved the transaction, the order failed to complete on the site I was shopping on. As a result, I have a pending transaction appearing both on my bank account and my PayPal account - no confirmed purchase. How long will it take for the temporarily authorization to release the funds for the attempted purchase?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jopac29 wrote:

A couple days ago, I attempted to make an online purchase using PayPal but the debit card I have linked to my account unfortunately bounced the transaction attempt due to suspected suspicious activity. Although I went in and approved the transaction, the order failed to complete on the site I was shopping on. As a result, I have a pending transaction appearing both on my bank account and my PayPal account - no confirmed purchase. How long will it take for the temporarily authorization to release the funds for the attempted purchase?

It can take anywhere from a week or 30 days for the temporary preauthorization to drop off if the seller does not complete the order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jopac29 wrote:

It can take anywhere from a week or 30 days for the temporary preauthorization to drop off if the seller does not complete the order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.