Cant proceed payment. Error Says

pamlabs1
Contributor
Contributor

We added your new payment method, but can’t use it right now. To continue, choose or add another way to pay.

This error keeps on appearing. I have already called my bank and everything on my account is okay.

I have made a payment prior to this but after a few hours, it no longer allow me to make a payment.

please help. 

Already removed send payment limit and made my card the preferred option to pay. Thank you so much in advance to those who can help.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Sharingiscaring
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @pamlabs1,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

If you receive an error message when trying to send a payment, it could be because:
*You may need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account.
*There may be an issue with the funding source you’ve selected (insufficient balance or declined transaction). *Contact your bank or card issuer for more information.
*You have a limitation placed in your PayPal account.
*The seller’s/recipient’s PayPal account is limited.
*You may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity.
If the payment with your bank account doesn’t go through, or you’re still having problems with your card, try:
*Changing your payment method at checkout. If you only have one payment method linked to your PayPal account, you’ll need to add another payment method before you can do this. You can add a debit or credit card or add your bank account. Both options are quick and easy and will give you more flexibility at checkout.
*Confirming your recipient’s email address or phone number is entered correctly. Make sure the recipient has finished registering for their PayPal account by confirming their information. A payment will fail if they haven’t completed this process.

You may also click on the link below for additional information:
https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-debit-or-credit-card-payment-go-thr...

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

amy371
Contributor
Contributor

i did everything as described but still cant use my linked prepaid visa card for any type of transaction on paypal.

Login to Me Too

EmilWieder

none of the possible causes in the top answer apply but the error still appears sometimes

Login to Me Too

Shahrukh_Khan78
New Community Member
I have same problem to and my paypal account is all set please resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

Stevens0300
Contributor
Contributor

We added your new payment method, but can’t use it right now. To continue, choose or add another way to pay.

Login to Me Too

Adel1976
New Community Member
Login to Me Too

Shahrukh_Khan78
New Community Member
I have same issue like you if you get solution. Tell me please thanks
Login to Me Too

cashbackguy
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, can't even purchase via paypal. The message center is of no help.

Login to Me Too

israsahib
New Community Member

same issue here any help please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.