Cant cancel unclaimed payment.

TanB
New Community Member

I sent a donation which has not been claimed. I would now like to cancel it. However there is no option to cancel. I have googled how to cancel an unclaimed payment which is as follows:

Here's how to cancel an unclaimed payment:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Click on the transaction you'd like to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel in the "Order status/Actions" column of the transaction in question.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

However there is no 'order status/actions' option on my page. So i've been unable to cancel.

Please advise

Thanks

Tan

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

CarlHi
Contributor
Contributor

I could not cancel an unclaimed payment on my phone.  Had to go to a laptop and log into PayPal in order to find the "cancel" option.

Carl

Login to Me Too

Alfiest
New Community Member

Lucky you. It's 2018, and the "new experience" means there is no Cancel. I made an ebay purchase, was notified the seller had been hacked and the itenm was removed from the site and that if I had made payment, I would have to cancel it. But can't, and presumably the fraudster will just bide their time and claim it later after I've given up with Paypal's extraordinary levels of customer care (presumably designed to upset and aggravate folk while they rake in the lost dosh and the customer sweats it out). Of course the new norm is totalitarian levels of globalism, so you can't go find another paypal, as none exists and credit cards are worse (and all Visa or MC anyway). Your only remaining option is to vote for anyone or anything that wishes to break up globalism, but by the looks of the attacks on Trump and Brexiteers, all I can say is good luck to you on that one (as you are branded deplorable, thick etc). Upshot, you lost your money unless you open a resolution (and at the momenbt, Paypal won't let me do that, presumably due to a  bug). Write letters to parliament or EU. Get them fined a billion or two. That usually makes them more pliable. Else, bend over and enjoy. 

Login to Me Too

Keisha2019
I don't see that when I go through the steps
Login to Me Too

chanteleeo

I cant see the cancel payment button aswell FFS

Login to Me Too

teradactor
Contributor
Contributor
I just wanted to add this to the accepted solution. If you have problems, and you are using the mobile app, try using this solution but go to your laptop or desktop pc and do it from there.
Login to Me Too

Sigma_Eight
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it's now 2020 and there is still no such thing as the cancel button apparently. I have a $100+ transaction that was declined by the merchant (for reasons unknown, just said that my paypal could not be charged) and now it shows up in my transactions as pending. Would be great to get my hundred bucks back, or at the very least the goods that I "purchased", but doesn't look likely.

The marked "Solution" is nonexistent, and the "moderator" or whatever that claims it is the solution is either a fool or a bot who just auto replies to "see the marked solution". Had nothing but problems with this whole platform, and I'm obviously not alone, can't understand how they even stay in business with so many people getting **bleep** non stop.

Login to Me Too

PeaceByJesus
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, but as of 5-4-20 neither of the "Solutions" are available on a PC.

Thanks for trying to help though. Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord.
Login to Me Too

Joshd2
New Community Member
So apparently you can only cancel if the pending payment has cancel next to it, otherwise you cant cancel it.
Login to Me Too

Shoshanashay1

I cannot undo payment! flight company charged me twice And gave me no ticket I can’t contact them at all due to corona and I have to undo the payment!!

Login to Me Too

Manoffaith1
New Community Member
I bought something from ebay..payment left my bank card and did not reach seller because paypal put hold on it..it say payment pending...but this payment is not reflecting on my activities..I have sent another direct payment to the seller but I want to retrieve my money that is hanging...please what do I do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.