Cant cancel unclaimed payment.

TanB
New Community Member

I sent a donation which has not been claimed. I would now like to cancel it. However there is no option to cancel. I have googled how to cancel an unclaimed payment which is as follows:

Here's how to cancel an unclaimed payment:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Click on the transaction you'd like to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel in the "Order status/Actions" column of the transaction in question.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

However there is no 'order status/actions' option on my page. So i've been unable to cancel.

Please advise

Thanks

Tan

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

CWauchope

Did you read OP's message? THERE IS NO OPTION LINK. So many replies on this forum saying the same and it still says solved 3 years later! how are you even a moderator?!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @CWauchope,

I am so sorry for any negative experience you've had, and thank you for your comment. The previous solution is still accurate and valid, with one exception. A payment sent may also show as unclaimed if the merchant is not set up to receive the currency of the payment. In that situation, there would not be an option to cancel because the merchant has received the payment. They just need to manually accept it. 

You may be able to open a dispute on it if the purchase is eligible: https://bit.ly/2yWDJKo

Also, you are more than welcome to contact our customer support to review the purchase and payment by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, on Facebook, or Twitter. 

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

PeaceByJesus
Contributor
Contributor

The previous solution is still NOT  accurate and valid since there is no option to cancel a pending payment, regardless of the affirmed solution. I bought a basketball system from a dealer using PP, but never received a confirmation or a response to email. and the payment is not claimed.  But having to wait 30 days for a cancellation means that you would be reluctant to  purchase the item from another seller since the seller at issue might finally accept payment and send the item you purchased. Thus this PP restriction is not acceptable.

Login to Me Too

Alan_Sketches
Contributor
Contributor

I' ve sent money to an email and the amount has been unclaimed, but in my Activity page its shown as "completed" Therefore I cannot cancel it anymore. Could you please advise? Thanks!

Alan

Login to Me Too

Lorie5992
The issue was and is not being able to cancel a pending payment that doesn't have a cancel link (once the pending transaction is found in the activity section).
Login to Me Too

Lorie5992
This is not a solution! If there isn't a cancel button or link, you can't cancel the payment.
Login to Me Too

Jekyl
New Community Member
Refining the question: can’t use those instructions on the mobile app (iPhone). There must be a way as all the other transactional functionality is available on Iphone
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Jekyl,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

The 'Cancel' option only appears if the payment was sent to an email address that was misspelt, not registered with PayPal or is unconfirmed, preventing the payment from completing.

If a payment you’ve sent hasn't been claimed and is showing as ‘Pending’, you can cancel it.

To cancel a pending/unclaimed payment:

1. Go to Summary.
  2. Under ‘Pending’, next to the message showing the recipient ‘hasn’t accepted yet’, click Cancel.
  3. Click Cancel Payment.

Note:

• A pending payment is automatically cancelled if the recipient doesn’t claim or accept it within 30 days.
  • If you paid with a debit or credit card and the payment is cancelled, the money will be refunded to that card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
  • If you paid with your bank account and the payment is cancelled, that money will be refunded to your PayPal balance. It may take up to 3-5 working days for the refund to appear on your PayPal account

-Donna

Login to Me Too

PeaceByJesus
Contributor
Contributor
Thus does not work either: "If a payment you’ve sent hasn't been claimed and is showing as ‘Pending’, you can cancel it.
To cancel a pending/unclaimed payment:
Go to Summary.
Under ‘Pending’, next to the message showing the recipient ‘hasn’t accepted yet’, click Cancel.
Click Cancel Payment."

And going to Summary just shows the 3 last transactions and no Pending, and to see that you must click on All Transactions which sends you back to Activity.

It seems PP wants to discourage cancellations.

Thank anyway. Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord.

Login to Me Too

Jd129
THERE IS NO CANCEL PAYMENT OPTION. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS RUNAROUND I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.