Cant cancel unclaimed payment.

TanB
New Community Member

I sent a donation which has not been claimed. I would now like to cancel it. However there is no option to cancel. I have googled how to cancel an unclaimed payment which is as follows:

Here's how to cancel an unclaimed payment:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Click on the transaction you'd like to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel in the "Order status/Actions" column of the transaction in question.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

However there is no 'order status/actions' option on my page. So i've been unable to cancel.

Please advise

Thanks

Tan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @cbeckmann,

Great question! There is no fee to cancel an unclaimed payment.  🙂

To update the entire thread about cancelling unclaimed payments, the instructions in the original post are from the Classic site. Here’s how to cancel an unclaimed payment in the New Experience:

2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Find the transaction you want to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel under your unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

EULAgy
Contributor
Contributor

Try clicking on the transaction in question that you wish to cancel and seeing if the option lies within the transaction details. If that doesn't work, going to Summary or Activity and then clicking classic site on the bottom of the page (or alternatively, going to paypal.com/history) and look for the Order/Action status column there, which if my memory serves me, is a line from the classic site anyhow.

Login to Me Too

cbeckmann
New Community Member

And is there a fee for canceling an unclaimed payment? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @cbeckmann,

Great question! There is no fee to cancel an unclaimed payment.  🙂

To update the entire thread about cancelling unclaimed payments, the instructions in the original post are from the Classic site. Here’s how to cancel an unclaimed payment in the New Experience:

2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Find the transaction you want to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel under your unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

coryna1ro
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I have rhe same problem, I need to cancel an unclaimed payment, I entered the wrong currency. I tried on the new site and on the classic version, there is no cancel option. Please help me as soon as possible, so I can get my money back! Thks
Login to Me Too

ksinkc

I am also trying to cancel a payment and tried all the suggestions but still haven't located a cancel payment button. I accidentally used the wrong address to send a payment and woudl very much like to cancel. Please advise! Thank you!

Login to Me Too

cnclaw
New Community Member

Im in the same situation, didn't get the option to select the currency and sent wrong denomination.

Now i go to Activity, select transaction (which is unclaimed) and there is no option to cancel.

This is rediculous.

Both me and the seller are waiting to cancel and resend.

So what's going on.

Login to Me Too

Rachmaninov
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but there is no such option. There is no Cancel option in, under or near the transaction in question. Can you please post a visual aid to indicate where I might find said button.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only way you cancel a payment is if the email account you sent money to is an unregistered one.  Payments to registered  email addresses get the "Unclaimed" status on the sender's activity page if the recipient haven't claimed payment.  If the payment remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will automatically be returned to the sender.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JenniferS1987
New Community Member

I am having this same problem, I have tried both using the classic site and the new experience. There is no cancel button anywhere! My boyfriend gave me the wrong email address and I have been looking for a cancel button for almost a day now! Ineed my money back!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.