Cannot use linked bank account when making payments.

Uaq
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to make a purchase (steam) through PayPal. When I open a purchase window and log in, I'm asked to "add a bank or card to complete the purchase".

For some reason I do not have an option to use my already linked and verified bank account, like there is no selection window or anything. So I enter my bank credentials and confirm, it says that this bank account is already linked (yeah, no **bleep**, Sherlock).

How do I pay with my already linked and verified bank account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Uaq 

Do you have a credit card also linked? Many merchants prefer instant bank payments as opposed to eChecks as eChecks are slow so they may block them. That is why checkout is asking for another form of payment to try to do an instant bank payment.

If you have a credit card linked as well as a bank account, PayPal can send what is called an Instant bank payment where PayPal fronts the money ahead to the merchant instantly and wait for your bank payment to clear, backed by your credit card should you have insufficient funds in your bank account.

A google search results in reports of Steam not accepting PayPal eChecks so you'll need to add a credit card in order to pay with your bank account so delivery of your digital goods can occur without delay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Uaq
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a credit card nor am I planning to get one anytime soon.

I could previously (just this week) complete a purchase with my liked bank account no problem. But now it doesn't even let me select it for some reason.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.