Cannot transfer funds form one paypal to another paypal

AnonAnon
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia

I am trying to transfer money from one paypal account to another, both of which are mine. The 1stPaypal account was setup in a country where I no longer reside in and so was advised to create a 2ndPaypal account in my new country of residence and transfer the funds from the 1stPaypal account before closing it. I did so, and setup the 2ndPaypal account. But when I try to transfer all my funds from the 1stPaypal to 2ndPaypal I keep getting an error message.  

As far as I'm aware the 2ndPaypal account is able to receive international payments. I even transferred 0.01$ from 1st to 2nd as a test and it worked, but I can't transfer any more than that.  

I don't understand why. Please can anyone resolve this. I will share the 2ndPaypal account email if needed, maybe the mods can check if thatt account can receive payments or not.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @AnonAnon!

Is the first account possibly limited or restricted from sending payments? If so and you are unable to resolve the limitation due to not living in that country any more, you would need to contact our customer service directly. They should be able to manually move the balance and close the old account for you. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.