Cannot send money

Cro68
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to send money to someone using a visa vanilla gift card which i have been using to pay invoices etc online since i made the account,  but i keep getting this error 

We are sorry, but we could not complete this payment, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please retry with a different card or funding option to continue with the payment.

The thing is i have used this card earlier today to pay a invoice, i tried using another vanilla gift card and it gave me the same message even though its a different number, on top of that i just used the card to make a transaction that isnt on paypal and it worked just fine 

Image of the error:

Cro68_0-1620460119513.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cro68
Contributor
Contributor

So after 4 hours on the phone between visa and paypal i have found out the reason why it kept declining, aparently Visa has changed how their vanilla gift cards work and now the only way to use them on paypal is via invoice, because you cannot send money from them anymore 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Cro68
Contributor
Contributor

So after 4 hours on the phone between visa and paypal i have found out the reason why it kept declining, aparently Visa has changed how their vanilla gift cards work and now the only way to use them on paypal is via invoice, because you cannot send money from them anymore 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.