Cannot send money through linked bank account because it's debit account?

PunJB
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a Paypal account to pay back a friend in Canada for a trip, but I'm having difficulties. I first started by linking my debit card, but when it said I'd have to pay a fee, it suggested using a bank account instead. I tried linking directly to the bank that handles my debit card, but when I go to transfer money, it doesn't show up as an option. Does linking to my debit bank account not actually do anything, or am I doing something wrong? If it doesn't work this way, can I send money to the balance of my Paypal account and then pay my friend through that balance to avoid the fees?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tbey1700
Contributor
Contributor
Try removing your debit card, then try to link the bank account. There might be an issue trying to differentiate between the two accounts that are really just one account.
Login to Me Too

PunJB
Contributor
Contributor

I tried unlinking both my debit card and the bank account, then relinking the bank account. The bank account linked again fight, but does not show up as a payment option when trying to send money to my friend. Anything else I can try?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.