Cannot receive refunds

murshiddeez
Contributor
Contributor
Hello am suppose to receive refunds from US, i am from Sri Lanka and the refunder says me they cannot refund it cause they get this message “This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.” Please do help me on this ? With accurate link and advise steps of what can be done please as the refund is urgent to me
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @murshiddeez 

Welcome to PayPal Community. Based from what you've explained, it seemed that the person from US is sending you money/payment instead of issuing a refund. You can direct him to this page How do I issue a full or partial refund?  or forward to him this link 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-full-or-partial-refund-faq780   for the instructions on how to issue a refund correctly. Hope this helps. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

murshiddeez
Contributor
Contributor
Hello thank you for the help but your link provided are broken or not valid when i visit them? I’ll tell you my problem? I paid for web hosting directly from my debit card online but they are not able to refund me back to card they keep telling me they that they are finding an error called do not honor related to some visa policy mandate updated on 2019 and they asked me to check with my bank and to lift the hold that i could get my refund when I contacted the bank they told me they’re is no such barrier or holds in my card anyone can refund I too use to get any refunds without any issues but in this case two different web hosting are saying me the same thing they are not able to refund back to my card. I have no idea of what to do and that’s why I opened a paypal account please do help me i need the refund some way! And when i provide them my paypal they are telling me they get the error i mentioned of.
Login to Me Too

murshiddeez
Contributor
Contributor
How can i attach a screenshot here ? Please help me they keep telling me this does not go as a refund but sending payment so it has to go as sending a payment i referred the this page to them and after they keep telling me the refund has to be gone as sending payment what can be done please help me??? They keep telling me the payment was not done through PayPal so it goes as a payment to me through paypal yes the payment was not done through PayPal it was done by my card but when i ask them to refund back to my card they say they get this do not honor error which is related to visa policy mandate of 2019 so that’s the reason they asked for my paypal what can be done ? All i need is my money back I contacted the bank too they said me there is no such restrictions when it comes to receiving my refund am stuck all the way both way around please do help me ? They are asking me to check with PayPal to find a way where i could receive money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.