Cannot receive money in Egypt

t_kha83
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Friends, I have a problem with my account. I have just registered a week ago. I completed the registration and linked two debit cards to my account successfully. I was able to send money to one of my friends in EU. However, I tried to receive money on my PayPal account from different locations (Amsterdam, France and Germany) with no success. Every time, a message appears to the sender says you cannot send money to my account. Can you help on fixing this problem. Thanks, Ayman

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@t_kha83 

If you read section 1 in the policy its states you must add a visa CREDIT card.

You said you had 2 debit cards?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@t_kha83 

You need to read this policy as you are in 1 of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

t_kha83
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you very much for your reply! 

I searched on PayPal Community as well as having read this policy, but it did not inform what is the problem exactly. As my account dose not receive money in first place, not only I have a withdrawal problem from PayPal account. In addition, I registered two debit cards, one of which is Visa. Not sure how can I solve this problem. 

Cheers,

Ayman 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@t_kha83 

If you read section 1 in the policy its states you must add a visa CREDIT card.

You said you had 2 debit cards?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

t_kha83
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @kernowlass ! Could not get it that credit visa is going to be a problem. I thought it must be visa anyways. Thank you again, much appreciated! 

Login to Me Too

ItsMakky
Contributor
Contributor

@t_kha83  Hey Ayman. I am from Egypt too. Did you resolve this issue? Also, I would like to reach out to you I am having the same problem. People cannot send over money from anywhere. But I can send them.

Login to Me Too

ItsMakky
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  So it has to be a *Visa* Credit Card? A *Mastercard* Credit Card wont work?

Login to Me Too

t_kha83
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure. From my research, the Egyptian government put restrictions on individuals overseas transfer. So what im certain of that QNB Visa Credit Card works as well as Egyptian Post Office prepaid Credit Card, according to some people tried it and ot works. Not sure about others to of honest.
Login to Me Too

ItsMakky
Contributor
Contributor

@t_kha83  Thank you for your kind Reply Ayman. Can you please explain more what is the Egyptian post office credit card? Sorry for bothering you. I hope there was a way to reach out to u directly easier than this.

Login to Me Too

t_kha83
Contributor
Contributor

No worries! Could you see this video, I tried to find a recent one on YouTube. If you have any questions plz.let me know <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.