Cannot complete purchase using valid card suddenly!

Essdee1
New Community Member

I have tried to make a donation via the RSPCA website using Paypal. The card is valid for another year and I have had no problems using it directly in supermarkets or via other websites. HOWEVER when the RSPCA website directed me to the paypal website I got a page asking for to add a new card as the HSBC cards (one old, one current) were not acceptable. 

I used the card to order beauty products a week previously to that and no issue.

What is going on? I cannot get in touch with customer care as there is a limited service running due to the Coronavirus.

If it is not resolved I shall just stop using Paypal. As will others if they cannot get a resolution. Please help??

Thanks

Essdee 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Essdee1 

I hope you are doing good.

It looks like you already tried both cards and transaction is still not successful. I have some information that may help resolve the issue.

Some hyperlinks in our articles may not work within the PayPal app.

It's possible that the payment you're referring to has been stopped by our internal security system.

To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we must stop a payment. This is similar to the way most banks and credit card companies work. When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather we've noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

To improve the chances of successful payments:

Confirm your bank now

I'm hoping I was able to help. Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.