Cannot cancel a payment

francescofta
Contributor
Contributor

I recently placed an order on Weekday for clothing and after not having  received a confirmation email for that purchase I emailed Weekday staff about it and have been told that "PAY PAL have put authorization on the funds but it never reached our system, we are sorry this has happened the funds will drop back into your account within PAY PALS time frame."

This happened 2 days ago and have since been trying to revert the payment back into my PayPal account. I have read that if money is unclaimed by the recipient of the payment (which seems to be the case) I should be able to cancel it. I have looked at the transaction in the summary page and although it is labelled as "pending" I have no option available to cancel it.

What should I do in such a situation? Should I wait for the money to drop back? If so, how long would that roughly take? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@francescofta

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@francescofta

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.