Cannot add money to PP Account

maddybea727
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small negative balance and want to zero it.  I have a checking and credit card linked.  When I click Add Money I get a popup window with these word:

More info about your negative balance

If you already added money to resolve your negative balance using your bank account, this can take a few days.

If you have a dispute open, wait until the dispute is closed to check your negative balance.

Other situations may apply. If you’re having trouble, contact us.

I can never get to any options about actually making the transfer in.  Talked to a rep yesterday, got misleading info.

Can anyone explain this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maddybea727 

You can't add funds via a credit card AND if the bank account was involved in the negative balance occurring then it may not allow to use that either.

Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maddybea727 

You can't add funds via a credit card AND if the bank account was involved in the negative balance occurring then it may not allow to use that either.

Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maddybea727
Contributor
Contributor

The negative balance was due to a refund transaction on eBay.  It represents the return postage amount. 

Bank was not involved. 

So the advice I got from PP rep about adding a credit card to add money was wrong. 

Thanks for taking time to give me your guidance on this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.