Cannot Send Money from Prepaid Card

markgil0444444
Contributor
Contributor

So I added a Prepaid Card to my account and it went through without any hiccups. All went well until I was supposed to pay my Virtual Assistant. Paypal is asking for a funding source even after I have placed the Card already. This is not the first time I did this so I am wondering why Paypal is still asking for a funding source. Please let me know.

Thank you very much

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markgil0444444

If this payment you have to make is for recurring payment or subscription, it won't work. If the card doesn't cover the whole payment, it won't work. Can't do split payment with cards. This is a guess but maybe it wants you to add another card as back up or verification if the prepaid card is the only card linked.   If you want a definitive answer contact PayPal customer service.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/ 

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

markgil0444444
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@markgil0444444

If this payment you have to make is for recurring payment or subscription, it won't work. If the card doesn't cover the whole payment, it won't work. Can't do split payment with cards. This is a guess but maybe it wants you to add another card as back up or verification if the prepaid card is the only card linked.   If you want a definitive answer contact PayPal customer service.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/ 

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Thank you very much for your help. It is not a recurring payment and the card has enough balance to cover the whole amount. I already linked 2 prepaid cards with the same amount in it thinking that the first card was just bad but both didnt work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.