Cancelling pending transaction

eldiener
Contributor
Contributor

I made a transaction for a product on the Internet. The transaction shows as pending. I have tried repeatedly to contact the company of the product, but to no avail. They are completely unresponsive and do not answer phone calls or emails at all. The pending transaction has no Cancel button. Is there a reason that no Cancel button is part of the pending transaction ? Evidently with no Cancel button I can not cancel the pending transaction, and considering that the company of the product is totally incommunicado I can not contact the company to cancel the transaction. This is a really ugly situation. Now I must wait 30 days with no assurance I will get my product, and with the total unresponsivesness of the company I do not want the product from them anymore. This sort of situation makes me no longer want to use PayPal any more, since a company can tie up a customer for 30 days for a bogus product any time it wants to evidently with PayPal's approval. There must be a way to resolve this issue. How can I contact Paypal directly regarding this problem ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eldiener 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.
Paypal allows this time frame as some large companies do not always have the stock in and have to wait a week or so to get it and once its arrived they can capture the pending payment.

If it completes you have up to 180 days to open disputes for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.