Cancelling pending payments

debbyc
Contributor
Contributor
I have ordered some books and tried to pay using PayPal, I tried twice to make a payment and it said it hadn’t gone through, I then paid using Apple Pay which went through fine, when I checked my PayPal account it had added the amount twice, I went to cancel the transactions as they were pending but there wasn’t a cancel button, I then tried to start a dispute which the messaging center told me to do, but it wouldn’t allow me to do this either, I have emailed the seller and only hope I can get my money back, is there anything else I can do? Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debbyc 

Those pending transactions will eventually expire and drop off on it’s own, releasing the funds as if they didn’t happen. It’s basically on hold so no money really went to the merchant hence why you couldn’t cancel it or dispute them. Can only dispute on completed payments.

Merchants can manually void the authorization to release the hold but I guess most just let it expire instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

debbyc
Contributor
Contributor
So basically it will show back in my account again once this has happened
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.