Cancelling a payment

60willie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have paid for an item via PayPal and the payment has gone to the seller.

The amount paid will not be taken from my bank account until the 21st of May.

The seller says she is not sure she has a PayPal account (clearly she has because that's how the money was sent) and cannot remember her password.

Does anyone know how to retrieve a payment ? the status of the payment on my PayPal account says pending.

Any help would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Rob.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@60willie

Sounds as if you are using PAD (pay after delivery)?

If so you can't cancel that pending payment BUT if you open a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate it to a claim then paypal should find in your favour in time for the funds to NOT leave your bank account.

If they do leave your bank account then when they get to paypal they would be credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@60willie

Sounds as if you are using PAD (pay after delivery)?

If so you can't cancel that pending payment BUT if you open a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate it to a claim then paypal should find in your favour in time for the funds to NOT leave your bank account.

If they do leave your bank account then when they get to paypal they would be credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

60willie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

thank you for your very prompt reply.

The seller has managed to access her PayPal account and sent back the payment, so all sorted now.

Thank you for posting a solution though and hopefully it might help someone In the future.

Kudos to you 🙂

Many thanks,

Rob (60willie)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.