Cancelling a e check

Mickeyj4544
Contributor
Contributor
So my friend sent me money Thru an echeck. It’s still pending and the money was pose to be sent as friend to friend not business related. How do I cancel the e check? I’m the receiver. It’s saying 3-5 business days til the money will be completely sent but paypal thinks a product is coming for the echeck payment and nothing is coming. It was just money a friend needed to send to me is all.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mickeyj4544 

Reasons for a payment being sent as an echeque are...
1. Card needs updating.
2. Recent neg balance.
3. Recent failed bank transfer.
4. High cost payment.
5. High risk transaction.
6. Some friends / family payments. This is because normally when you fund a payment to a seller from your bank account, paypal CREDIT the seller upfront and they take the wait for the transfer. This is because they use the slowest, cheapest transfer option and so don't want to delay the despatch of your item. HOWEVER with f/f payments (as no fee to paypal is given) then they don't credit the recipient upfront and so its you that takes the wait for the funds to transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Mickeyj4544 

Thank you for reaching us through community center. I hope you are doing just fine.

An eCheck is an electronic payment funded by the sender’s bank account. An eCheck must clear the bank before it’s credited to you. It usually takes up to 6 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear on your PayPal account.

As the recipient, you cannot cancel an eCheck payment in progress. If you’d like to cancel an eCheck after it’s issued, please ask the sender to call their bank for a stop payment.

Hope that helps. 

Regards,

Elloisa 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.