Cancelling a Refund Issued for Wrong Amount

jlbpfr
New Community Member

I issued a partial refund, however when I reviewed the refund, it was for the total amount of the original sale.  How can I cancel the refund and issue it in the correct amount?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jlbpfr

Unfortunately you can't as you issued the refund voluntarily, all you can do is ask your buyer to re-pay the overdue amount.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TMzebra
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me as well and it def. is a glitch on paypal and I have issued several refunds in the past and never had this issue until now I think PayPal should have to pay for it or at least get the money for us from the buyer I'm so frustrated right now I don't even know what to do I've tried everything I can't get ahold of anybody I can't get any answers from PayPal eBay told me there's nothing that they could do to help me out but they did tell me to call PayPal which did me absolutely no good either
Login to Me Too

TMzebra
Contributor
Contributor
its a glitch on the site I have issued several refunds this way when I overcharged for shipping and this time it completely did the whole amount and it's never ever done that before I even I typed in the right amount so PayPal needs to figure this out and refund our money for us cuz my buyer will not contact me acts like I don't even exist and accepted the refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.