Cancelling a Payment made using the "guest" feature.

amzzzking
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to cancel a payment that I made on my card through the paypal service using a "guest" account on a merchant here on Paypal. When I try contacting Paypal or using there customer service they asked me to make an account and the transaction has not been saved on this account, but I have the email of the order and the transaction ID etc. If anyone can help me as to the actions I can take, or how I can possibly get through to a human in the Paypal customer service line or be able to message a real person so that I can relay this issue onto and manage to get resolved within the period before they ship the product, it would be great help.

Thanks,

amzzzking

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amzzzking 

You can't cancel a completed transaction as paypal does not cover buyer remorse.

They only cover non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amzzzking 

You can't cancel a completed transaction as paypal does not cover buyer remorse.

They only cover non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amzzzking
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. I have resolved the issue by contacting the buyer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.